Build your best future with theJohnson Controlsteam
As a global leader in smart, healthy and sustainable buildings, our mission is to reimagine the performance of buildings to serve people, places and the planet. Join a winning team that enables you to build your best future! Our teams are uniquely positioned to support a multitude of industries across the globe. You will have the opportunity to develop yourself through meaningful work projects and learning opportunities. We strive to provide our employees with an experience, focused on supporting their physical, financial, and emotional wellbeing. Become a member of theJohnson Controlsfamily and thrive in an empowering company culture where your voice and ideas will be heard - your next great opportunity is just a few clicks away!
What we offer
Paid vacation/holidays/sicktime-15 days of vacation first year
Comprehensive benefits package including 401K, medical, dental, and vision care -Available day one
Encouraging and collaborative team environment
Dedication to safety through our Zero Harm policy
Check us out! :
What You will Do:
Under general direction is responsible for the sale ofJohnson ControlsHVAC Equipment offerings to mechanical contractors, designers, consulting engineers and owners. Promote theJohnson Controlsvalue proposition to construction community by providing business and technical solutions. Builds and manages long term customerrelationships/partnershipswith assigned accounts. Responsible for customer satisfaction and loyalty while working in conjunction with operations partners. Positions renewable service agreements as a foundation of managed account relationships. Assists in promoting and selling Building Controls offerings in collaboration with branch Controls sales team.
- Performs the sales process to aid in cultivating and managing long-term relationships and in seeking out, qualifying and closing new sales opportunities.
- Uses applicable sales tools effectively to plan and document progress as well as increase business opportunity in accounts. Seeks to expand the depth and breadth ofJohnson Controlsofferings sold within assigned accounts with a focus onimprovingHVAC equipment sales.
- Actively participates as a member on select account teams on key and target owner accounts. May lead the account team on assigned target and key owner accounts where significant growth opportunities exist and more robust equipment expertise is required to solidify the opportunity.
- Seeks to continually develop sales skills and to enhance knowledge of the JCI product and service offerings.
How you will do it
- For assigned accounts, seeks forJohnson Controlsto become the preferred supplier of HVAC equipment and controls ( "default spec" with consulting engineers and design build contractors, "trusted advisor" with account owners). Ensures customer retention of assigned accounts. Partners with other sales representatives and/or agents to improve profit generation from accounts through influence on specifications (owners, consulting engineers) and market pricing (design build contractors). Uses sales tools to plan and document progress as well as increase business opportunity in accounts. Educates and supports consultant accounts on a regular basis to obtain Basis of Design specifications. Achieves quarterly quotas and annual sales plans.
- Sells, with minimal direction, theJohnson Controlsofferings persuasively, persistently and confidently to all members of the construction community to include contractors, consultants and designers while reaching optimal profit levels. Manages multiple, ongoing, opportunities. In conjunction with construction events, sells, renews and expands renewable service agreements, including multi-year agreements, to both new and existing assigned customers.
- Builds partnering relationships with the owner construction community responsible for the decision-making process to drive the sale ofJohnson Controlsofferings. Actively listens, probes and identifies concerns. Understands the customer's business cycle customer base. Demonstrates technical and business expertise and maintains a high level of credibility. Garners loyalty, trust and commitment from the customer.
- Seeks out, targets and initiates contact with multiple prospective customers in alignment with JCI strategy. Develops and maintains a network of industry contacts. Understands and uses the sales process outcomes as well as demonstrates evidence of advancing the sale. Shares technical knowledge plus business expertise with the customer to match the solution to the customer's operational need and favorably positionJohnson Controls. Qualifies and assesses potential customers.
- Addresses customer's operational and environmental objectives, needs and requirements. Recommends solutions and links customer objectives to total value solution and competitive advantage. DifferentiatesJohnson Controlsservices and products from competitors by applying creativity, ingenuity, and innovation in a valuable sales approach.
- Positively and credibly influences JCI strategies with the construction community. Frequently creates competitive, high quality and timely estimates, proposals, and cost/benefit analysis. Effectively writes, and presents proposals. Negotiates value, addresses resistance and closes the sale. DifferentiatesJohnson Controlsas a total building environment supplier.
- LeveragesJohnson Controlssales process to close sales quickly. Manages the high activity of the pipeline in the managed CRM system with a focus on sales phase, close date, and probability of a close as well as other pertinent information.
- Acts as the customer's advocate in interactions withJohnson Controlsto ensure the customer acquires the best value fromJohnson Controlsofferings. Sets appropriate customer expectations onJohnson Controlsofferings. Participates in final project inspection. Ensures that the customer is trained and oriented to system operation and the value of services delivered.
What we look for
- A minimum of three years of successful large HVAC Equipment field sales experience.
- Demonstrates a dedication to integrity and quality in business.
- Excellent initiative and interpersonal communications skills.
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, or related team preferred
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view more information about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a candidate, visit . If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit .