RSM US LLP is looking for a Tax Senior Manager to join our expanding Lead Tax practice. This role provides an opportunity to join a high-performing tax practice. As a Tax Senior Manager for RSM, you will be responsible for the following job duties, which are focused around three core concepts: Technical & Quality Expertise, People & Talent Management, and Client Service/Business Development
- Serve as a Career Advisor, mentor or coach to one or more employees, which will include providing honest and timely performance feedback
- Train and develop staff members
- Work on multiple complex issues while communicating in a non-technical manner to facilitate communication between the client and the service team while managing the risk for both the client and the firm
- Lead and manage the business relationship of complex engagements with a focus on high-value quality tax advice and seek to expand services to clients
- Drive growth and profitability of industry/specialty area by generating new revenue on existing client portfolio, cross selling and new clients for the tax practice
- Interact directly with clients handling questions, planning, consulting, etc.
- Serving as Tax client service coordinator while developing and executing the firm's client service plan
- Reviewing research findings and ensure conclusions are consistent with firm policies and professional standards
- Build relationships across lines of business to ensure excellent client service through an integrated service approach
- Manage corporate client needs with respect to tax services and federal and state tax compliance
- Remain up-to-date on current tax practices and changes in tax law
- Other duties as assigned
- Some travel may be required (varies based on location, line of business and client need)
- 8+ years of experience in business taxation working for a Big 4 or a large national, regional or local accounting firm; or equivalent in law firms or industry
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- CPA, JD, LLM, or EA
- Must be able to support financial growth efforts and manage a book of business
- Experience with one or more of the following: S-Corps, C-Corps, or Partnerships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record simultaneously managing multiple projects and engagement teams for various clients
- Project management and critical thinking skills
- Ability to generate new business and extend service opportunities
- Experience preparing or reviewing accounting for income taxes in accordance with ASC 740's
- Experience in dealing with international tax matters a plus
In accordance with applicable law, prospective hires will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or intend to be vaccinated for COVID-19 by January 18, 2022 or qualify for a medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement. Individuals who have an approved medical or religious accommodation may be required to comply with Covid-19 testing requirements upon commencement of employment.
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.